Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Brownie Pillows


I know you've been saving those brownies from the cheesecake, so these cookies are the perfect way to make them a little more interesting.  You know how much I adore cookies with a surprise inside and these are equally fun and delicious.  The trick is to use a lot of cookie dough (I could have used more on some of mine).  Granted, the cookies end up being huge, but that's not a bad thing.

I saw this recipe on both Bakerella and Picky Palate, but I opted to use my own cookie dough for the recipe.  I used both Chocolate Chip (from my Chocolate Chip Surprises recipe) and Classic Peanut Butter.   Since I used two flavors of dough, I used only about 1/2 of each dough.  You could just do one flavor and use the whole batch of dough.

Brownie Pillows

One might ask why I didn't take a single picture of my line up.  One would have to assume I lost my mind and forgot what I was doing.  One would be right.

1/2 batch Chocolate Chip dough (same recipe as Chocolate Chip Surprises)
1/2 batch Classic Peanut Butter dough
leftover Brownies from Brownie Cheesecake with Oreo Crust, cut into 3/4 inch squares

Prepare each cookie dough as instructed and set aside.

 
Cut brownies into squares.




Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop a ball of dough onto the top of a brownie square.  Repeat with another ball of dough on the bottom, sandwiching the brownie.




Mold the dough around the brownie so you can't see any bit of brownie.  Try to roll the dough into a ball.

Place dough balls on a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet.  You'll probably only get 6 or 8 to a pan because these are big cookies.


Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 14-16 minutes.  Turn baking sheet 180 degrees halfway through. If using more than one sheet at a time, rotate positions in the oven for more even baking.


Remove from oven and cool on pans for a 2 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.  Repeat with remaining dough and brownies.




Makes 28 big cookies (14 from each dough).

Happy Baking,
The Cookie Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment