Thursday, June 2, 2011

Oreo Cheesecake Cookies

These are some seriously yummy cookies.  Oreos and cheesecake rolled into a tasty little cookie.  Do you really need anything else?  Well, a glass of milk would serve you well with these.  They are fairly light, but big on flavor.  The dough lacks eggs and baking powder, so though they are puffy when coming out of the oven, they'll flatten when cooling.  I'm ok with that.  They still look good and taste amazing. 

This recipe comes from the Brown Eyed Baker, self-proclaimed queen of cheesecake.  So when I saw she made a cheesecake cookie, I knew it would be a winner.  I made two alterations to this recipe, although minor--I doubled the recipe and made the cookies smaller.  Michelle (the Brown Eyed Baker) said the recipe would only make 12 cookies.  I don't get out a measuring cup for 12 cookies--I mean, really?  So I figured I'd make them a bit smaller (1 inch balls instead of the recommended 1 1/2 to 2 inch balls).  But then the idea of only having 24 cookies also saddened me (partially because I knew I could eat 12 cookies by myself and I intended to share these for my cousin's graduation party).  So I doubled the recipe.  I don't think doubling caused any problems, so feel free to either make these as I note below, or cut the recipe in half.  Either way, you've got an amazing cookie coming out of your kitchen.



Oreo Cheesecake Cookies



Ingredients

1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup mini chocolate chips
2 cup Oreo cookie crumbs (from about 7 1/2 ounces of Oreos)

In an electric mixer, cream together butter and cream cheese with the beater attachment until smooth. 



Add sugar and vanilla and beat until combined and fluffy.

Change to paddle attachment and add flour, mixing on low until flour is incorporated.



Fold in the mini chocolate chips by hand.



In a food processor, pulse Oreos (I used Double Stuf, but regular would work too) until you have crumbs.  Transfer to a small workbowl.


Using a small cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough (round by hand if necessary) into cookie crumbs and roll dough until complete covers.



Place on a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.


Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 10 minutes.  Turn baking sheet 180 degrees halfway through. If using more than one sheet at a time, rotate positions in the oven for more even baking.


Remove from oven and cool on pans for 2 minutes before moving to wire racks.

Makes 7 dozen cookies.

Happy Baking,
The Cookie Princess

Printer Friendly Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment