Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Funfetti Blondies


From scratch! Not from a mix!  Dave was surprised when I said that--he assumed I'd doctored up a Funfetti cake mix.  I took these to work last week because one of my coworkers said he was starting a Biggest Loser challenge.  Before you judge me for being cruel, hear me out.  I was helping.  One morning, I was chatting with him when a coworker came past and criticized him for eating a chocolate croissant because she knows he's trying to lose weight.  Then he explained that in two days he was starting a Biggest Loser challenge.  So I asked if he was bulking up and he sheepishly said yes.  So I immediately chimed in that I was going to bake and bring something in the next day.  It was a Friday so that lends itself to a fun treat day anyway.   See, I'm not evil.  But these are so delicious you might have a hard time resisting.

Beantown Baker made these first and I found them while looking for something else altogether.  But I'm glad I stumbled upon her recipe.  Simple to make and cute as can be, wouldn't they be perfect for birthday baking?  While I didn't alter the recipe, I didn't have any almond extract, so I only used vanilla.  The white chocolate chips and sprinkles really give these blondies great texture.  They are rich and sweet, just as any good blondie should be.  The only way they'd be better is with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.



Funfetti Blondies


Ingredients

14 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled 5 minutes
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup sprinkles

In a large bowl, whisk together cooled melted butter and both sugars.  Beat in eggs and extracts until smooth.


Add flour, salt and baking powder and stir until combined.


Stir in white chocolate chips and sprinkles.


Turn batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan, pressing evenly into the bottom.


Bake at 350 degrees F for 24-28 minutes or until set in the middle.


Cool completely before cutting into bars.

Makes 24 bars.

Happy Baking,
The Cookie Princess

Printer Friendly Recipe

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment